As much as I love exercise (and you know I do!) exercise alone will not get you a toned stomach.
Your diet is a huge part of the equation.
Someone could workout all day long, but then eat in a way that promotes major fat storage, and they wouldn’t have a toned, beach-ready tummy.
While your diet is probably not terrible, the 5 secrets below will help you improve it even more. And a cleaner diet means flatter and more attractive abs.
Diet Secret #1: Don’t eat late
This is the most simple and effective way to flatten your abs. Instead of eating less food late at night, simply don’t eat late at all. Try these tips…
- Brush your teeth right after dinner. Once your teeth are clean, you’ve put an end to your consumption for the day.
- Change things up. If your evening routine revolves around food then find a new routine.
- Let the habit form. The first few weeks will be tough, but soon your new no-food-late routine will feel normal.
Diet Secret #2 Drink more water
Drinking lots of water is another extremely simple way to promote fat loss. Chronic dehydration triggers false hunger signals that causes you to eat extra, empty calories. Try these tips…
- Drink a big glass of water before each meal. This will make you less likely to overeat.
- Replace sugar-filled sodas, coffee drinks and juices with water. This tip alone can make a huge difference in the shape of your body.
- Carry water with you throughout the day.
Diet Secret #3: Load up on fiber
Most of us do not get enough fiber in our diet. This is a problem since fiber is essential when it comes to getting lean. Fiber-filled foods are low in calories and are filling, so you’ll be eating less and getting lean. Try these tips…
- Turn salads into meals. Add a serving of lean protein to a large pile of greens for a guiltless meal. *Try the recipe for Sweet & Smokey Chicken below and serve it on a bed of greens.
- Include vegetables in every meal. The benefits to eating more veggies are too many to list, so just know that your body will become healthier and leaner with each fibrous bite.
- Fruits are a tasty source of fiber. Eat fresh, seasonal fruits every day.
Diet Secret #4: Eat fewer carbs
Now I didn’t say to cut out all carbs, but rather to eat fewer carbs. These diet secrets are meant as lifestyle changes for you to stick with long term. Eating fewer carbs is a realistic and very effective way to flatten your tummy. Try these tips…
- Choose whole grain bread and pasta instead of white. Whole grains are less likely to be stored as fat. That being said, limit the amount that you eat.
- Eat half of the carbs. Make your sandwich open-faced and cut down the size of your pasta serving.
- Avoid carb-filled snacks. Instead of crackers or chips, have a hard boiled egg, a protein shake, fresh fruit or veggies.
Diet Secret #5: Only wholesome sweets
Refined sugar-filled sweets will quickly add up around your waistline. Learn to enjoy natural sweets. Try these tips…
- Fruit is natural candy. When you stop eating refined sugar you’ll find fresh fruit to be more sweet and delicious than ever.
- Do not eat foods that contain white sugar or high fructose corn syrup. These items are the worst for your abs.
- Try wholesome sweeteners, like pure maple syrup, raw honey or dates in your cooking instead of white sugar. Get white sugar out of your kitchen.
Take these diet secrets and run with them. These tips, along with a challenging and consistent exercise program, are the formula for a toned, lean body.
I’m here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals, so guarantee your results by teaming up with me.
You deserve that fit and attractive body – I can help you get it.
Call or email today to get started.
A little balance in life is important. So while eating healthy most of the time is essential for flat abs, it’s OK to enjoy a weekly cheat.
The rules of the cheat day are simple: control your calories but loosen up on the content of your diet. So you’ve been craving pizza all week long? Enjoy a slice on your cheat day.
Notice I said a slice and not the whole pizza. Indulge with control!
This chicken has awesome flavor and is quick to make on a weeknight. Serve with a leafy green salad and a side of asparagus or broccoli for the perfect flat abs meal. Makes: 4 Servings
Here’s what you need…
- 4 bone-in, skin-on, organic chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 packet Stevia
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a large ziplock bag.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Add to the ziplock bag and toss until the chicken is fully coated.
- Place the coated chicken thighs on a broiling pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 248 calories, 18g fat, 428mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 18g protein