1. Greens are packed with amino acids…AKA protein.
I’ll bet you didn’t know that dark leafy greens are a legitimate
source of protein. It’s true!
Protein molecules are made of a chain of amino acids. When you
consume protein from chicken, you’re getting chains of amino acids
that have already been assembled into a complex protein.
When you eat dark leafy greens you are getting a plethora of
individual amino acids. Your body then takes these amino acids and
assembles it into complex protein chains.
2. Greens give you lots of insoluble fiber…like a sponge.
You know fiber is important, but did you realize that fiber is
needed to rid your body of toxins? Insoluble fiber is extra special,
since it is built like tiny sponges that each absorbs several times
more toxins than its own volume. Check out just a few of the many
benefits of fiber:
* Fiber reduces cholesterol
* Fiber prevents and reduces the risk of cancer
* Fiber lessens risk of diabetes and improves existing diabetes
* Fiber helps shed unwanted pounds and prevents overeating
3. Greens promote bodily homeostasis…necessary for optimal health.
Homeostasis is the physiological process that regulates all substances
in your body at ideal levels for optimal health. It is a very complex
process, one that your body is constantly working towards.
In order for your body to achieve homeostasis it needs an abundance
of vitamins, amino acids, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids and
minerals. Greens are a super provider of all of the above.
4. Greens are alkaline…which promotes healthy cells.
In 1931 Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for discovering the
cause of cancer: weakened cell respiration due to lack of oxygen
on the cellular level — this causes fermentation, which results
in acidity, or low pH.
There is a close connection between the foods you eat and your pH
balance. For example, Parmesan cheese is highly acid forming, -34;
while spinach is an amazingly alkalizing food, +14.
When you get plenty of greens on a daily basis, you’re able to
better maintain a good alkaline pH balance.
5. Greens are made of chlorophyll…liquid sun energy.
As amazing as it may seem, the molecule of chlorophyll is strikingly
similar to the molecule of human blood. Chlorophyll heals and
cleanses your organs while destroying harmful substances.
Here are just a few of the powers of chlorophyll:
* Chlorophyll builds a high blood count
* Chlorophyll helps prevent cancer
* Chlorophyll counteracts toxins
* Chlorophyll promotes an alkaline body
* Chlorophyll helps sores heal faster
* Chlorophyll improves varicose veins
* Chlorophyll improves vision