Gazpacho is a cold tomato-based soup that originated in Spain. What better time to enjoy a chilled bowl of gazpacho than on a hot summer day? Use fresh ingredients for the best possible taste.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 sweet green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- Dash of hot sauce
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes & 2 cucumbers chopped for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except tomato and cucumber garnish, in a high speed blender. Turn on high speed for 40 seconds.
- Chill the soup for 30-60 minutes.
- Place chopped cucumber and tomato in each serving dish and fill with soup. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 85 calories, 2.5g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 2.5g fiber, and 3g protein.