Your number one reason for exercise is unique to you. Maybe you want to fit into a smaller pant size or lower your cholesterol. Or maybe you just love how a good workout makes you feel.
Whatever your reason is, remind yourself of it often. Write it down and place it where you will see it everyday. It may be just the motivation that you needed.
What better way to usher in summer than with this delicious no-bake mango pie? You won’t find any processed sugars or refined carbs in this dessert – just sweet and nutritious whole food ingredients. That being said, remember to use portion control even with nutritious desserts.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla beans, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Combine the pecans, 1/4 teaspoon of the vanilla bean, sea salt and 3/4 cup of the dates in a food processor. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a pie pan, set aside.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 cup dates, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean and water in a food processor or blender. Mix until a thick syrup forms.
- Place the mangoes in a large mixing bowl. Toss with the syrup until fully combined.
- Arranged the mangoes over the crust, then sprinkle with the remaining crust.
- Keep in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 220 calories, 12g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 3g protein.
Share this newsletter with your friends. forward this newsletter to your friends, family and co-workers.